Nano at Tel Aviv (Video Clip with English subtitles)
Tel Aviv University Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology is a multidisciplinary research center committed to advancing society by conducting cutting edge research and by engaging in close and sustainable cooperation with industry and society. Established already in 2000, we pioneered Nanotechnology in Israel and since then we are the leading center in Israel in the field.
- Nucleate multidisciplinary research activities
- Manage core central equipment facilities (see:The Chaoul Center for Nanoscale Systems)
- Expand research infrastructure resources on campus
- Support the recruitment of outstanding researchers
- Promote new research alliances and programs between faculty members at TAU, nationally, and internationally
- Launch educational programs for young researchers and for general public education
- Endorse alliances with private-sector affiliates
Nanoscale Science and Technology is emerging as a frontier of research and development in natural sciences and engineering. This field encompasses the art and wisdom of forming artificial nano-sized (one nanometer = one millionth of a millimeter) structures with atomic precision, their characterization and utilization for studying new phenomena and for conceiving novel devices and systems unattainable with conventional technologies. The field takes advantage of physical, chemical, and biological principles that are set by the nanometer size.
By its very nature, research in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology calls for truly interdisciplinary efforts, exploiting physical, chemical, biological and medical sciences, together with state-of-the-art engineering expertise. All of these traditional disciplines virtually loose their identity when dealing with nano-scale systems.